Get ready for an eventful weekend as we celebrate our 3rd Annual Black Distance Hall of Fame and Awards Night in April 2017.
Hotel Information: St. Louis Crowne Plaza
NBMA has partnered with St. Louis Crowne Plaza hotel for our weekend events and room for our members. Crowne Plaza is just a few blocks from the host hotel and less than a mile from the start/finish line. NBMA members can secure a room for as low as $105 a night. (This is at least 33% cheaper than the host hotels) Book your stay by clicking here.
Race Information: St. Louis GO Marathon
NBMA is happy to announce our next annual meetup at the GO! St. Louis Marathon on April 9th.
(Please note: Do not register for the Read. Write. Run Marathon on April 8th.)
All New Course Design – Flatter, Faster, Two States, Two Bridges.
- Medals are awarded to all weekend event participants.
- Technical short sleeve shirts for all marathon, half marathon and marathon relay participants, t-shirts for all other participants.
- First name on race bib to all marathon and half marathon participants who register by February 15, 2017.
- Water and Gatorade available at 17 aid stations along the marathon course, as well as at the start and finish.
- Boston Marathon qualifier & USATF certified courses.
- Michelob ULTRA After Party featuring a local band.
- St. Louis-themed race food: Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, Pasta House Toasted Ravioli and Crown Candy Chocolate.
- Marathon course completion time extended to 6.5 hour
- BLING ALERT: Go Short Go Long Challenge: Signup for this challenge, complete the 5k on Saturday and either the Half or Full Marathon on Sunday and receive a commemorative medal and sweatshirt.
- For more information on registration, VIP packages and much more and to register please visit here.
When registering please click NBMA in the registration box area. For every member who selects the box, the Go! St. Louis Marathon will donate to the NBMA. It’s the easiest way to help us continue our mission and invest back into the community.
The Official NBMA Social Kickoff – Friday
This year, we are making the annual summit an official weekend celebration. To celebrate we are starting with our first official NBMA social during the Hall of Fame Weekend. Once you have arrived and checked into your hotel, head over to the popular Ballpark Village. Relax, grab and drink and meet other NBMA members at this FREE social. More to come on the social such as time, details, giveaways and more. Additionally, Don’t forget these other items to do during your weekend stay.
- 5K Run/Walk – presented by Mcbride & Son Homes 8:00am
- Packet pickup and Race expo – Chaifetz Arena 10am-6pm
- St. Louis Sightseeing Cruise – Under $25
- St. Louis Gateway Arch Tour – Must!!
- Missouri Botanical Gardens – Under $10
- Sweetie Pies – Expect a long wait
- National Blues Museum
- St. Louis Zoo – Free
- and much more.
Black Distance Hall of Fame – Saturday
Join NBMA at the 3rd Annual Black Distance Hall of Fame Banquet. The event will be held on the 2nd floor of the Crowne Plaza. Tickets to the event will be sold online and can be purchased here. We have sold out every year so don’t delay.
Check out the 2017 Black Distance Hall of Fame Honorees, which include 17x Boston Marathon Finisher Isiah Douglas, ESPY Arthur Ashe Awardee Loretta Claiborne, and Brothers’s Ron & Dick Gregory.
Go! St. Louis Marathon – Sunday
The Go. St. Louis Marathon will be held on April 9th at 7am. Come run, walk or crawl on this flat race. We know many of you will be checking out of your hotel on Sunday and have some down time until you’re afternoon, evening or Monday flights, so we will be having a post-race gathering. Come hang out, grab a snack and refuel before your flight or take a quick selfie and discuss the highs and lows about the Go! St. Louis Marathon.