FIFTEEN-YEAR ANNIVERSARY SUMMIT AND HALL OF FAME & ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS BANQUET AT THE LITTLE ROCK MARATHON – MARCH 1 WEEKEND
The National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame & Achievement Awards Banquet
- The National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame & Achievement Awards Banquet will be on Saturday, March 2 from 5:30PM to 7:00PM at the Double Tree by Hilton at Little Rock, our host hotel. Semi-formal attire.
- The National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame inductees are
- Herman Atkins
- Lillian Greene-Chamberlain
- Alisa Harvey
- Oscar Moore
- Catherine Pugh
- Click here to learn more the inductees.
- The banquet will pay a special tribute to our 2013 Hall of Fame inductee, Theodore “Ted” Corbitt. This will be the 100th anniversary of his birth.
- The Ted Corbitt medallion and long sleeve top will be given to the first 250 banquet seats purchased. This is a part of the National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame Medallion Series. The medals are produced by Ashworth Awards. The long sleeve tops are provided by Leslie Jordan, Inc.
Little Rock Race Registration Process
This races offered include the Little Rock Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and Kids Races and “combos” during the March 2 weekend.
To be properly identified as a NBMA member, select “Yes” in the NBMA member drop-down box in the OTHER IMPORTANT INFO section during the registration process. This makes you eligible for the NBMA age group competition and other bonuses.
The first 250 runners, who register as NBMA members, will receive the Mebrahtom “Meb” Keflezighi medallion. This year will be the fifth and tenth anniversaries of Meb winning the Boston and New York Marathons, respectively
The Host Hotel – The Double Tree by Hilton at Little Rock
Our host hotel and the location for the March 2 Summit banquet will be
- The Double Tree by Hilton at Little Rock
- 424 West Markham St.
- Little Rock, Arkansas 72201 USA
- Tel: +1-501-372-4371
Our block starts at $149/night for a room up to $259/night for suites from March 1 through March 3. To reserve your room or suite, click here.
NBMA Member Achievement Awards Qualifications
In addition to honoring Hall of Fame inductees, this Summit gives the average runner an opportunity to be recognized by their peers. It also provides a very rare opportunity for new runners to talk directly with achievers and history makers. If you have
- Three or more Boston Marathons (based on running qualifying times)
- Halfathon or marathon on seven continents
- Halfathon or marathon in fifty States
- 100 or more halfathons or marathons
- Six marathon world majors
2. Been a NBMA member for at least two years,
3. Attended a prior NBMA Summit (and used the registration code) or purchase a banquet ticket (If you haven’t attended a prior Summit and want to receive your award at Little Rock, then you should register for the Baltimore Summit.),
4. Have the achievement verified by the related organization/club, such as a 50 States, seven continents, or 100 club, and
5. Submit an achievement award request before December 1, 2018.
Then, you are eligible to receive your achievement award at the banquet. The awards will not be shipped or retrieved by another individual. You must be present at the banquet to receive it.