Current Residence: Atlanta, Georgia
Profession: IT Software Sales
Fitness Background: I was a dancer all the way through college.
Running Club Memberships
- NBMA Co-Founder
- South Fulton Running Club
- Marathons Maniacs
Running Background: I was an avid cyclist. After a stressful day at the office, to relieve stress, I would ride my bike and my roommate would run. I was very uncomfortable in the saddle on Atlanta streets (and still am), so I started running. Before I knew it, I had signed up for the Atlanta Finest 5K. It was my first 5k. I kept running and later set a goal to run my first Marathon before Y2K and successfully completed the Atlanta Marathon on Thanksgiving Day 1999.
Personal Reason(s) for Running: Health, fitness, relaxation, and travel. I like to run. It’s simple. Roll out of bed, put on your running gear and out the door.
Number of Years: 25+
Number of Races: 150+
Number of Marathons: 22
Number of Half Marathons: 40
Number of Ultras: 2
Number of Non-USA Races: 7 (Aruba, London, Bermuda)
List Completed Running/Fitness Goals:
- 1999 – Completed 1st Marathon
- 2003 – Completed my 1st Metric Century Bike Ride
- 2004 – Completed my 1st Duathlon
- 2011 – Completed my 1st Ultra Marathon
- 2011 – Completed Bermuda Triangle (1-mile Sprint on Friday Night, Half-Marathon on Saturday Morning and Full Marathon Sunday Morning)
- 2012 – Completed Goofy Challenge (Half-Marathon on Saturday and Full Marathon on Sunday)
- 2012 – Competed my 1st Triathlon
Current Running/Fitness Goals: Honestly, my running goals are to remain as injury free as possible and to continue to motivate people to join the sport of running.
What other sports do you participate? Bicycling, triathlons and yoga.
Favorite Race Location:
- International – Bermuda
- USA – Goofy Challenge
Favorite Local Spot to Run: Out my front door.
Favorite Motivational Song to Listen to Or Think About, While Running: Patti LaBelles’ “There Is A Winner In You”
My Running Mantra: “Put one foot in front of the other.”
Favorite running heroes or mentors: Ruby Ervin, Sharon Davis, Rosita Smith, Michelle Smith-Harden, Frederick F. Davis III, Tony Reed, and the Late Angela Ivory.
Describe Your Most Memorable Running or Racing Experience.
- Goofy Challenge – it’s truly magical. Running through the lit parks at sunrise was truly magical.
- NBMA 3RDAnnual Event, The Cleveland Rite Aid Marathon, Half-marathon and 10k. Warren Elzy of Ohio ‘s “Team Marathon” did a fantastic job coordinating and communicating the logistics for a fantastic event. “Team Marathon” (Cleveland, OH) and “Avondale Running Club” (Cincinnati,OH) delivered a spectacular race weekend for NBMA visiting members. We didn’t just run together, NBMA and Ohio NBMA members became one big family!
Last Updated: September 3, 2013