As part of our effort to give back to the community, we are pleased to present the National Black Marathoners’ Association Scholarship Program. This scholarship will provide a minimum of two $750 awards for the 2018/2019 academic year. The awards will be given to a young man and lady. To be considered for these scholarships, students must complete an application demonstrating that all eligibility requirements are met.
Who may apply?
Applicants for the 2019/2020 program year must:
- Be a socially and/or economically disadvantaged student finishing her/his senior year of high school.
- Attend a United States high school.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Be accepted for enrollment in a US college or university.
- Have competed on the high school cross country team, competed in a distance event (1500 meters or greater) on the high school track team, or completed a full, certified 26.2-mile marathon. (Note: Your finishing time is not considered in the selection process and you do not have to compete at the collegiate level.)
What criteria are used in the judging?
Applicants will be judged based on their:
- Past academic achievement in high school.
- Leadership skills or community service.
- Completed application.
When is the application deadline?
- The application deadline for the program is April 30, 2019.
For questions or additional information contact NBMAScholarship@BlackMarathoners.org.
College Scholarship Donations
The NBMA doesn’t have a membership fee. Instead, we ask that our members make voluntary donations to support the organization and to provide scholarships to deserving high school students. Since the NBMA is a not-for-profit organization, 100% of your donation is tax deductible.Your tax-deductible checks or money orders should be sent to
National Black Marathoners’ Association
PO Box 180912
Dallas, TX 75218-0912
Or you may make a tax-deductible donation with your credit card and PayPal by pressing the “Make a Donation” button below.